2020 ATHENA Leadership Awards Nomination
Honorees will be recognized at the annual Athena Leadership Summit and Awards Luncheon in May of 2020.
The ATHENA Leadership Awards celebrate women as valued leaders of the community and recognizes those who support them. The award honors women and organizations that demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, excel in their chosen field, devote time to their community, and open paths so that others may follow. The nomination and selection process information can be found on subsequent pages as well as the application forms.
Award Categories Include:
• ATHENA Leadership Award® for demonstrating the highest level of professional excellence.
• ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® for demonstrating a commitment to the community that includes support of other women in business.
• ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award® for creating a culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential.
Nominees in each category must live, work, and/or serve in St. Charles County, and demonstrate the following criteria:
• Professional Leadership-impact on their business or organization
• Community Service-involvement in civic, charitable, religious organizations
• Personal Leadership-supporting the professional advancement of women
Thank you for considering nominating a colleague deserving of honor.
Annual Nomination Process & Selection Process
January Call for nominations from the community at large
February Selection of Annual Honorees
March Honoree notification
April Meet & Greet with Honorees
May Recipients recognized at the Annual ATHENA Awards Luncheon
- Nominations will be accepted from the community at large.
- There will be a maximum of 1 ATHENA Leadership, 1-2 Young Professional Leadership and 1 Organizational Leadership Awards presented each year.
- Members of the Selection committee are excluded from submitting nominations. A grading scale will be provided to members of the Selection Committee in advance. Each member shall forward preliminary score sheets prior to the meeting.
- The Selection Committee shall be comprised of 5 members, including the Chair of the Summit Event Committee. At least two members of the committee will be past recipients and 2 individuals from the general membership. The ATHENA Executive Director will facilitate the meeting and will not have a vote.
Nominations are due by February 14, 2020
ATHENA Leadership Award®
ATHENA Leadership Award® Recipients are individuals who:
- Have achieved the highest level of professional excellence.
- Contribute time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Actively assist others, particularly women, in realizing their full leadership potential.
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award®
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award® Recipients are emerging leaders who:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession.
- Provide valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community.
- Clearly serve as a role model for young women personally and professionally.
- Are 40 years of age or younger and who have a minimum of 5 years professional experience.
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award®
ATHENA Organizational Leadership Award® Recipients are businesses or organizations who:
- Create an organizational culture that encourages women employees to achieve their full leadership potential.
- Give back to the larger community of women and girls by providing and/ or supporting leadership development opportunities and initiatives.
- Have a significant presence and impact in St. Charles County.